Giving of Your Time & Talent in Parish Ministry
"The Christian vocation is essentially a call to be a disciple of Jesus. Stewardship is a part of that. Even more to the point, however, Christians are called to be good stewards of the personal vocations they receive. Each of us must discern, accept, and live out joyfully and generously the commitments, responsibilities, and roles to which God calls him or her" To Be a Christian Steward - US Bishops' Pastoral Letter on Stewardship.
Here at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Morton, PA there are numerous opportunities for you to respond to God's call to stewardship. We will be adding various ministries, organizations, and volunteer opportunities to this page in the months ahead. The information provided will not only include contact information for those wishing to become involved, but also descriptions of the positions and the commitment level for each.
All employees and volunteers involved in a parish ministry that caters to children and youth under 18 years of age are required to abide by the Safe Environment Program of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. These ministries include, but are not limited to those working in the school environment, religious education program (PREP), CYO, and Liturgy of the Word for Children. As we add ministry and organization information below, we will note in the description if adherence to the Safe Environment Program is required.
Safe Environment Program Requirements
- Attendance at the Archdiocesan mandated Safe Environment Training session. This training is provided through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia at various sites during the course of the year. The training session is about two and a half hours long and must be completed by new employees and volunteers who work with children within 90 days of beginning service or employment at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, unless they have already completed the training during the course of volunteering or employment elsewhere within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. For more information about the location of current Safe Environment Training sites or to register for a training session go to https://childyouthprotection.org/
- Completing an online Mandated Reporter Training provided by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia's Office for Children and Youth Protection (OCYP). This training is provided online through the OCYP website. The training takes about one hour to complete and must be completed by new employees and volunteers who work with children within 90 days of beginning service or employment at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, unless they have already completed the training during the course of volunteering or employment elsewhere within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. This training may require updating as PA State Law regarding the mandated reporting of child abuse continues to evolve.
- Completing a PA State Police Criminal Record Check (fee paid for by the parish). The applicant must be cleared before the start date of service. Must be renewed every three years.
- Completing a PA Child Abuse History Clearance (fee paid for by the parish). The applicant must be cleared before the start date of service. Must be renewed every three years.
- Those volunteers or employees who reside outside of Pennsylvania or who have resided in Pennsylvania less than two years, must complete a Federal Background Check within 30 days of service or hire (fee paid for by the volunteer and reimbursed by the parish after six months of employment)
- School employees hired after April 1, 2007 are required by the State of PA to complete a Federal Background Check within 30 days of hire (fee paid for by the volunteer and reimbursed by the parish once the clearance is processed)
- All volunteers and employees must agree in writing to abide by and uphold the Standards of Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries
- Tech addendum
Any questions concerning the Safe Environment Program should be directed to Michele M Hundermark @ 610-543-5448 or firstname.lastname@example.org